“When we throw out the physical clutter, we clear our minds. When we throw out the mental clutter, we clear our souls“.Gail Blanke
Feng Shui isn’t a new, unproven trend. It’s been around since the times of ancient China, when it was found that the objects you surround yourself with play a big part in the harmony of your environment and – by extension – your thinking.
To create an invigorating and productive workplace, use the following feng shui tips to create a positive flow of chi (energy) through your office.
- Declutter – cleanse your work environment by decluttering your desk and room. Establishing order in your environment is a key premise of feng shui and can’t be achieved if you can barely move for mess!
- Understand the Bagua map – Bagua is the feng shui energy map of your environment that shows you which areas your office, desk or home are connected to specific areas of your life. Find out which areas correlate with which areas of your life and organise those areas to increase intention across all areas of your life.
- Include things that make you feel happy or successful – using the bagua map as a guide, place positive objects in different areas of your room/life. This is meant to attract good energy to those areas.
- Think about the placement of your desk – your desk is your command position, so you need to think about where you place it. Feng shui recommends you place it diagonally across from the entry to the room, with your back to a solid wall and giving you the widest possible view of the room.
- Introduce water – in feng shui, clean water is the most powerful symbol of money. Its sparkling chi energy is beneficial for your health and prosperity, so consider investing in an aquarium or even just an image of water to get that life force flowing.